how far have mac's made it into large installations?

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sun Apr 24 15:15:10 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 03:02:02PM -0700, Steve Acheson wrote:
> P.S.  I'd probably look at FreeBSD as a desktop next...  I came from the
> NetBSD camp, via BSD386, via SunOS4.  Never really liked SysV or
> (shudder) AIX.

I suggest that folks who might consider this should probably at
least consider PC-BSD.  (I've considered it, but elected to just
use plain FreeBSD for my own use.  But then, I use a window manager
based on twm, and generally prefer to avoid applications that have
UIs that I consider "excessively flashy," as well as those that have a
lot of dependencies or take a long time to build.  And I actually
"track" a couple of development branches of FreeBSD daily on my laptop.)

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.