how far have mac's made it into large installations?

Holt Sorenson hso at nosneros.net
Sun Apr 24 14:26:22 PDT 2011

Still running FVWM2 here. On Mac OS X, iterm's copy on select is good
enough for me. I really only want focus follows mouse with iTerm. I use
quicksilver and expose/spaces to make up for hot keys and focus follows
mouse in other apps.

Some of the metaphors are a bit different for all this, but after some
of adjustment, I'm functional, if still slightly more biased towards
linux/fvwm2 for coding/sysadmin.

I'm happy enough with either though that I go back and forth as needed
depending on what my physical environment is at any given time.

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 12:44:05PM -0700, Steve Acheson wrote:
>Linux just takes too much time to administer over the long run (for the
>desktop UI only) for me.

this.

>I still fondly remember tweaking out my fvwm
>and fvwm2 setups for hours into the night to get it just right...  But
>these days, I just don't have the time or patience to do that for my
>main desktop.

yep, it's a lot less work with Mac OS X for all but coding/sysadmin.

I have my fvwm config with some set up scripts in subversion, so I set
up debian (which is tending towards being puppet driven nowadays) and
check my home directory out, run make, and I'm back in business.

--
Holt Sorenson
hso at nosneros.net
www.nosneros.net/hso