how far have mac's made it into large installations?

Rob Markovic rob.markovic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 10:02:16 PDT 2011

I find the standard issue Mac (new) more appealing than an corporate
issue (Dell / HP / Lenovo) laptop (usually not new).

Another plus, is like Adrian said, they usually come with a
Hypervisor, VMware Fusion or other, so you get a PC to use if you need
it.

One way this works well is if you have a restrictive VPN
configuration, you can choose to initiate the VPN connection from
within the virtual machine for corporate work, and still use the
unrestricted connection on the Mac side.

The Mac trackpad is multi-touch awesomeness, and, once I learned the
keyboard combo commands, life is good in whichever OS I find myself.

If you are ever presented with a choice in your existing or newfound
organization, I recommend you pick the Mac option.

-- Rob