Google Ops Presentation and Meeting Formats

Damon Edwards damon at controltier.com
Fri Jan 27 17:47:03 PST 2006

That's a tough order putting room discipline on the shoulders of the
speaker. You have to remember that the speakers are invited by the
group... therefore, they would probably feel that they are being rude
if they go against what the group seems to want.

If the group acts like it wants to spend 3/4 of the alloted time
discussing the first two slides, the speaker will often let things
unfold that way. After all, how well do they really know what a
particular audience wants? From my experience, figuring out the scope
of what the audience wants to hear is often the most difficult part of
any speaking engagement.

Isn't it really up to the group to decide what they want from the
presentations and inform the speakers of the expectations or format?