Google Ops Presentation and Meeting Formats

Alan Horn ahorn at deorth.org
Fri Jan 27 16:03:35 PST 2006

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Brent Chapman wrote:

> Yes, that's my feeling as well.  The talks were fine, the spread was great,
> and the venue was good (though having to be escorted in/out through security
> is always an annoyance), but the audience wasn't well managed (by itself, by
> the organizers, or by the speakers).

Thanks for the advice Brent. I'll try and manage it better in the future
when I'm EC. I think I'm doing the next Google event as well.

That said, I would like to make two comments :

The first speaker ran over by 10 minutes. Well within normal 'management'
of such, and more timely than a lot of speakers.

The second speaker was intentiionally allowed to speak as long as he
wanted without interruptions. It's his venue and we wanted to be invited
back :). That was a conscious choice decided beforehand. So, poor handling
of question flow aside, thats probably the main reason we didn't
interrupt.

Cheers,

Al