Google Ops Presentation and Meeting Formats

Brent Chapman Brent at greatcircle.com
Fri Jan 27 17:02:10 PST 2006

At 4:03 PM -0800 1/27/06, Alan Horn wrote:
>On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Brent Chapman wrote:
>
>>Yes, that's my feeling as well.  The talks were fine, the spread
>>was great, and the venue was good (though having to be escorted
>>in/out through security is always an annoyance), but the audience
>>wasn't well managed (by itself, by the organizers, or by the
>>speakers).
>
>Thanks for the advice Brent. I'll try and manage it better in the
>future when I'm EC. I think I'm doing the next Google event as well.
>
>That said, I would like to make two comments :
>
>The first speaker ran over by 10 minutes. Well within normal
>'management' of such, and more timely than a lot of speakers.
>
>The second speaker was intentiionally allowed to speak as long as he
>wanted without interruptions. It's his venue and we wanted to be
>invited back :). That was a conscious choice decided beforehand. So,
>poor handling of question flow aside, thats probably the main reason
>we didn't interrupt.

 From my point of view, both of them ended up rushing through the last
1/2 to 1/3 of their presentations, which is usually the most
interesting parts, because they got held up in the introductory stuff
in the beginning.

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman <brent at greatcircle.com> -- Great Circle Associates, Inc.
Specializing in network infrastructure for Silicon Valley since 1989