[SAGE] System Administrator Tool chest..

Cat Okita cat at reptiles.org
Tue Feb 7 09:55:03 PST 2006

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Donal Cunningham wrote:
> One thing I picked up recently (thank you Uncle Ebay) was a 4-port 10/100
> Mbps hub (no, not a switch - a Netgear DS104, for those who are
> interested). Useful for port sniffing. I know it's a bit much for a
> newhire, but useful for the more long-toothed sysadmin/network engineer.

I'm rather annoyed that mine has grown legs and walked.  I'm still waiting
for a replacement...

It's not exactly a tool, but I carry cliff bars and/or luna bars with
my tools.  It's infinitely better to have -something- you can snack on
when you're stuck in the datacenter for hours[0]...

Speaking of the datacenter, I've taken to bringing one of the foam
pads that you use to sit/kneel on while gardening.  It's infinitely
nicer on the behind than sitting right on the floor tiles - ditto if
you're stuck working at an awkward angle, and need to lean.

cheers!
[0] ... and when I remember, a fleece