[SAGE] System Administrator Tool chest..

Richard Chycoski rskiadmin at chycoski.com
Tue Feb 7 10:06:29 PST 2006

Cat Okita wrote:

> It's not exactly a tool, but I carry cliff bars and/or luna bars with
> my tools.  It's infinitely better to have -something- you can snack on
> when you're stuck in the datacenter for hours[0]...

If you get caught with food or drink in our Data Centres, you may no
longer have DC access... and yes, we post signs on the doors. (:-)

> Speaking of the datacenter, I've taken to bringing one of the foam
> pads that you use to sit/kneel on while gardening.  It's infinitely
> nicer on the behind than sitting right on the floor tiles - ditto if
> you're stuck working at an awkward angle, and need to lean.
>
> cheers!
> [0] ... and when I remember, a fleece

I'll second that - having become hypothermic to the point of being
unable to type (or think) when working at a console located right near a
large air conditioner 'strategically placed' to refrigerate the row of
PDP11s and anyone who worked on them. (:-)

- Richard