[SAGE] System Administrator Tool chest..

Donal Cunningham donal.cunningham at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 06:48:27 PST 2006

One thing I picked up recently (thank you Uncle Ebay) was a 4-port 10/100 Mbps
hub (no, not a switch - a Netgear DS104, for those who are
interested). Useful for
port sniffing. I know it's a bit much for a newhire, but useful for
the more long-toothed
sysadmin/network engineer.

Also handy; some 15cm long Velcro strips (they stick nicely to the lining of my
toolkit) and a cage nut tool. I *like* my fingers, I really do; the
cage nut tool
(a shim, really) that comes with Dell racks I have found to be
particularly good.

If you're in the fibre end of things, a Fibre Swiper (mine came with a Juniper)
is small and handy - a lot more so than a full Kletop cleaner.

   D.