A question for the membership

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Mon Aug 28 15:21:31 PDT 2006

Alan Horn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you're a member, and you don't make it to a lot of general
> meetings, would the ability to vote remotely for board elections mean
> that you are more likely to vote ?
>
> The idea of remote voting is something we're floating around for this
> November's board elections. We're not sure yet what form it would
> take, and I need to assess the need before we dig deeper into this.
>
> So, please drop me an email and let me know if its something that
> matters to you ? The more feedback I get the better a decision can be
> made.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Al

Alan,

I think this would make sense for those amongst us who don't attend
meetings. However, should those people even bother voting, since they don't
take an active enough interest? That aside, you should check out
www.wufoo.com they've got a great interface for building forms, and
would be pretty helpful
for this type of voting.

Michael