Bay Area home internet

Bill Ward bill at wards.net
Thu Aug 17 12:22:20 PDT 2006

On 8/17/06, Brent Chapman <Brent at greatcircle.com> wrote:
> At 11:03 AM -0700 8/16/06, John Costello wrote:
> >I know a few people in the Bay Area who liked Speakeasy.net (one formerly
> >in Marin, one currently in Berkeley, one possibly in Oakland), and I like
> >them here in the PNW.
>
> For folks in the Bay Area, local ISP Sonic.net is what Speakeasy.net
> used to be (tech-savvy, good customer service, and particularly good
> at dealing with experts like us as customers) for about 1/2 the
> price...  When I moved to SF a few months ago, I just couldn't
> justify continuing to pay Speakeasy's price, so I switched to Sonic,
> and I've been very happy with them.

My mom was on Sonic for a year but recently switched to AT&T/Yahoo due
to price.  These ISPs that offer DSL are really just reselling the
AT&T service, so there's no way they can compete on price.  We'll have
to wait and see how good the service and uptime are with AT&T but thus
far we have no cause to complain...