Bay Area home internet

bh at bh.org bh at bh.org
Thu Aug 17 10:19:41 PDT 2006

I would also add that at least in my own experience, support from Speakeasy
has deteriorated in a big way over the past several years.  When I signed
up with them for DSL several years ago, they were very responsive (especially
compared with PacBell, my previous provider).   However I ran into at least
a half dozen incidents where the DSL performance took a nosedive, and I tried
to get help from Speakeasy.  It seemed that with each incident, the service
level degraded further.  The worst, and final straw, was when I logged a support
ticket using their online site, they took over a week to respond, and their
only "resolution" was to update the ticket to advise me to call them.

Shortly after that, I gave up, and switched to (gasp!) Comcast cable service.
Knock on wood, several months later, I have yet to need their support ... it
has just worked ... at 6Mb/s instead of 512kb.

-Bill