Bay Area home internet

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Wed Aug 16 11:03:29 PDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting John Rowan Littell (rowan at hovenweep.org):
> > trying to figure out what options I have for internet service.
> The usual DSL recommendations are (from somewhat leaky memory):
>[snip snip]
> There are some commercial wireless networks.  Also, some people profess
> to like monopoly-cable vendor Comcast, and a few depraved souls claim to
> not hate Pacific Telephone^W^W Pacific Bell^W^W SBC^W AT&T.

I hate the above mentioned telecom from the knotted depths of my soul with
an undying passion that exceeds the loathing that I have for
USWest^H^HQwest.  Avoid them.

I know a few people in the Bay Area who liked Speakeasy.net (one formerly
in Marin, one currently in Berkeley, one possibly in Oakland), and I like
them here in the PNW.