Location..

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Thu Oct 13 11:35:17 PDT 2005

> If Cupertino is too far to go for residents or workers near SF and
> northwards, one imagines SF is too far to go for residents or workers near
> Cupertino and southwards, and this latter set presumably constitutes the
> core attendance at BayLisa mtgs.

Not true.  Core attendance of current BayLISA meetings is from South Bay
because the meetings are in south bay.  We've had more or less depending
on where the meetings are held.

> And if so, regardless whether 'stodgy' is applicable or not, effectively
> BayLisa would have done "out with the old blood", and would survive only if
> "new blood" -- a new core of attendance -- formed.  This being a separate
> constituency, why not just form a new group to cater to that constituency:
> SFLisa or NorthBayLisa or even EastBayLisa?

Let's _not_ form additional groups.  Instead, let's find out where there
are enough people in the different areas that are willing to be MCs in
those locations.. make sure the meeting runs smoothly because the people
that do this in Cupertino can't do this everywhere.  What we can do is
leverage our speaking contacts, involvement with industry, and coordinate
excellent speaking opportunities.  We can make sure that all the little
pieces like "confirm room", "confirm speaker", "confirm speaker has
address/directions/date", "confirm possible attendees know
date/location/topic" all happen.  We don't want to splinter the group, we
want to make sure that our target group is getting needs met.

There is no need to splinter the group off.  We just need people in the
areas that feel that there is a need to actually step up and volunteer to
have some responsibility.

Jennifer