waterlogged hard drive recovery

cerise at armory.com cerise at armory.com
Sat Nov 19 09:02:23 PST 2005

My girlfriend spilled a glass of chocolate milk once and her dad had the same
notion, albeit to run it through the dishwasher and pull it out before the
drying phase.  That worked well enough and to dry it, he put the oven on a low
temperature and threw the keyboard in.

As luck would have it, my girlfriend watched these proceedings and said, "If
you forget the keyboard, can I have it?"
"I'm not going to forget it."
"I know.  But if you do?"
"I'm not going to forget it.  But OK."

He says it would've worked if he hadn't gotten distracted.
http://www.chiliahedron.com/main.php?gal1=pictures/misc&pict=37

I suppose it might've.  The theory's sound, but all the same, I can't quite
bring myself to stop teasing him and egging him on by saying it wouldn't
have.  ; )

-Phil/CERisE