NAS or SAN?

Neil Katin neil at askneil.com
Wed Jan 19 09:40:01 PST 2005

If you're in the ATA-disk end of the storage market
(emphasizing price, capacity and flexibility more than
pure 15k rpm speed...) you may want to check out
www.coraid.com.  Its similar to iSCSI, but instead
of using TCP it uses a packet-over-ethernet scheme.

It is not as flexible or scalable as iSCSI, but its faster
and cheaper and easier to manage for smaller installations.

Its also Linux only at the moment, so if you need windows
its not a good fit for you.

	Neil