BayLISA meeting THIS evening!

Jennifer Davis sigje at sigje.org
Thu Jan 20 11:40:12 PST 2005

Time: 7:30-9:30
Location: Garage 1, Building 4, Apple Campus
Topic: Solaris 10
Speaker: Alan DuBoff
Guru: Mark C. Langston

We are meeting in the same place as we did in December, the room called
Garage 1 at the top of the stairs in Building 4 (the one with all the nice
tables and convenient power and internet access).

Alan DuBoff will be speaking on Solaris 10, with all the great new
features like dtrace, and the decision to open source Solaris.  There are
rumors of goodies from Sun! Mark C. Langston will discuss the evolutionary
arms race between packet sniffers, sniffer detectors, and sniffer detector
evasion in a short guru session starting at ~7:40.

The meeting will start promptly at 7:30pm, so don't be late!  Sign in at
the door to make sure to get entered into the raffle for the books from
our sponsors O'Reilly and Addison Wesley/Prentice Hall (in exchange for a
review of the book).  Remember, members get first choice in books, so if
you are a member make sure to check out the selection before the meeting
starts.  If you aren't a member yet, you can sign up on the spot.

Jennifer