BayLISA -> BayISSA

Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr gwen at reptiles.org
Fri Jun 18 15:32:16 PDT 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Rick Moen wrote:
> Well, (Strata's) _sentence_ has them all rolled into one.  The law
> doesn't.  Thus my point.

Heh. Fair 'nuf ;> I figured that we were picking nits, so I picked ;>

> If "turfed" in this case means expelled from membership, then that is
> not relevant to recent discussion.  You might alternatively mean
> curtailing of substantive membership rights.  But posting to
> baylisa at baylisa.org is not indicated as a right of membership.  See:
> http://www.baylisa.org/board/bylaws.html

Turfed in this case does, since the question was about removal from
participation - but the answer is the same in both cases.  The bylaws
say nothing about rights or removals, barring voting - and thus there's
no particular recourse.

> In any event, per our records, Mr. Childers is not a BayLISA member.
> In fact, judging by our LDAP database, he hasn't been one at any point
> in the past, either.

I'd like to be surprised by that[0].

cheers!
[0] Although I'm also guilty of the same.