BayLISA -> BayISSA

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 18 15:44:33 PDT 2004

Quoting Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr (gwen at reptiles.org):

> Turfed in this case does, since the question was about removal from
> participation - but the answer is the same in both cases.  The bylaws
> say nothing about rights or removals, barring voting - and thus there's
> no particular recourse.

Hypothetically assuming we were talking about a member  ;->  , the state
corporations code would prevent BayLISA from curtailing a member's
rights without a regular process for doing so.  My point, however, is as
previously stated:  Posting to this list is not something membership
buys.  Ergo, it is not subject to that statutory regulation.

As you noted, voting (by contrast) _is_ listed as a right of membership.
Therefore, BayLISA cannot revoke or curtail a member's voting right
other than in a narrowly constrained fashion.

--
Cheers,                       Ah, September, when the sysadmins turn colors
Rick Moen                     and fall off the trees....