BayLISA -> BayISSA

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jun 18 14:57:33 PDT 2004

Quoting Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr (gwen at reptiles.org):

> It looks like a confusion to me.  Baylisa is a California non-profit
> corporation, which is handled by the IRS under 501(c)(3).  That'd be
> your state and federal all rolled into one ;>

Well, (Strata's) _sentence_ has them all rolled into one.  The law
doesn't.  Thus my point.

> Looking at the California code[0], it seems to say that members can't
> be turfed unless there's a proceedure in the bylaws for doing so,
> which unfortunately... there isn't.

If "turfed" in this case means expelled from membership, then that is
not relevant to recent discussion.  You might alternatively mean
curtailing of substantive membership rights.  But posting to
baylisa at baylisa.org is not indicated as a right of membership.  See:
http://www.baylisa.org/board/bylaws.html

In any event, per our records, Mr. Childers is not a BayLISA member.
In fact, judging by our LDAP database, he hasn't been one at any point
in the past, either.