UNIX scheduler product

Rich Holland holland at guidancetech.com
Tue Jun 15 14:03:45 PDT 2004

Wow.  I thought *MY* former company was the only one with a "non-CA" clause in
their contracts.  We had the same thing with TS-Reorg when they bought Platinum
(an oracle database reorg tool).  We weren't using AutoSys at that client -- we
went with Tivoli's equivalent (called "Maestro" at the time).

One nice thing about these tools is they include "plugins" for multiple
systems.  You can have a job stream with dependencies that calls unix scripts,
oracle SQL*Plus scripts, mainframe JCL scripts, ABAP programs within your SAP
system, etc.  They're incredibly handy for automating interfaces between
disparate systems.
--
Rich Holland        (913) 645-1950        SAP Technical Consultant
print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"\@\`\`");