UNIX scheduler product

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Mon Jun 14 15:18:12 PDT 2004

Ron,

I've heard some good things about Vexus from a friend of mine.

If you have "BUDGET" and are looking for something rock-solid, for
a large enterprise, you might want to check out Tivoli.

I also looked at Embarcadero a couple of years ago, their Linux
support wasn't really there, but they might have improved since..

I know there are some great task schedulers out there specifically
for Linux, you could find them easily enough searching through
www.beowulf-underground.org ..

Michael

> Does anyone know of a job scheduler with the following specs:
>
> - A centralized repository for several servers
> - Flow control (success exits kick off releases another job)
> - Alert e-mails for non-success exits
> - History of scheduled jobs and exit statuses
> - Solaris and Linux support
>
> Guess I want my days of working with MVS without paying the Big Blue
> ticket
>
> Ron Leedy
> Manager of Managed Services
> Ketera, Inc.