Imminent Death of BayLISA / July Board Meeting Invitation

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Tue Jun 15 13:03:22 PDT 2004

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Strata R Chalup wrote:

> Well, we've got almost 3 weeks to brainstorm via email, so let's make
> the most of it.  Depending on your schedule and where you'll be (eg
> actually in the air or in a hotel with access to a phone), it's likely
> that we could get you involved.

We'll be on either I-5 or I-10, depending.

> You have a lot of experience from BayCon and other places in helping
> to make things work, so I'm really looking forward to getting your
> input on how we can turn things around!

Thank you.

I've certainly been one of the people with divided attention, alas running
on cooperative multitasking (that didn't cooperate) instead of pre-emptive
multitasking.

I agree with David's points about depression being a factor, especially as
someone who has been un/underemployed for 3+ years.

One thing might be finding out what people are interested in learning
about as well as what problems they have (other than simply finding a
job). A resume workshop (instead of a speaker proper) may also prove
popular.

--
_Deirdre                                             http://deirdre.net
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"