recycling

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Sun Jul 25 19:22:27 PDT 2004

Tossing my two cents in on this a month+ late, but
useful info for others I hope...

<http://www.hackettelec.com/>

Hackette Electronics in San Jose is a 100% recycle
facility.  They will take electronics in any quantity
without disposal fees, with the exception of monitors.

If you bring monitors with other gear of sufficient
quantity, they do not require a disposal fee.  If you
bring in monitors alone, they charge $10/monitor.
This fee is $5 less than the other recycle facilities
in the South Bay that I am aware of.

I took all my old dead x86 and printer stuff down there
when I recently did a major clean up in preparation for
my move.  I know a lot of sys admins are pack rats, so
this might make the process of winnowing a little easier.
:-)

=Nadine=