recycling

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Sun Jul 25 20:26:04 PDT 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 vraptor at employees.org wrote:

> Tossing my two cents in on this a month+ late, but
> useful info for others I hope...

Hm, I don't remember seeing the original.  Glad you posted, Nadine.

Heya, Guy!  Hope you landed on your feet after techtv.

> <http://www.hackettelec.com/>
>
> Hackette Electronics in San Jose is a 100% recycle
> facility.  They will take electronics in any quantity
> without disposal fees, with the exception of monitors.

There also is Alameda County Computer Resource Center,
http://www.accrc.org, which has an affiliate in Marin.  They do charge $5
for computers and varying fees for other items, but I like them because
they recycle in an environmentally friendly manner.  (Looks like Hackette
does too.)  Additionally, ACRC is a non-profit organization.  If you
recycle equipment through them, you can write off the value of the
equipment.

> =Nadine=

-----
John Costello - cos at indeterminate dot net
"What if nothing matters?  What if everything matters?"--Hobbes
"Which would be worse?"--Calvin