OY: Free Course: Implementing Effective Business Contracts (resend)

Chuck Yerkes chuck+baylisa at snew.com
Wed Oct 15 11:46:21 PDT 2003

I really do appreciate learning about these tools that
are paid for by our tax dollars and benefit us when we
know about them.

Really.  And the SBA was a great resource for me in a previous
life too.

I also black hole HTML-only mail.  For lists it's a bitch to
archive, for many readers, thanks to Microsoft mostly, it can
be dangerous and invasive (while reading the message, go and
get that link to an image or nasty program - telling the sender
when you read the message and from where).

I use mutt to read mail, and w3m can render HTML text - in a pinch.
I will argue for HTML mail over (say) PDF or (ick ick ick) .doc.
The fact that I can't easily *bold* this word leaves me stuck
with the same expressiveness I had on a VT100 in 1982.  That's
bad.  Embarrasing when this is pointed out by users of proprietary
mail systems like Exchange or Notes (only 15 servers needed to
poorly do mail where a machine too slow for XP can serve IMAP
to 10,000 people - concurrently).

For public consumption:  HTML mail bad.

Postmaster jobs suck.  Sound guys and system admins
never get starry eyes groupies (and I've had both of
those (non-groupie) jobs).

We're all trying to help the Baylisa community.
Can't we all just get along?

Quoting richard childers / kg6hac (fscked at pacbell.net):