Free Course: Implementing Effective Business Contracts (resend)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 15 09:22:21 PDT 2003

Quoting richard childers / kg6hac (fscked at pacbell.net):

> Now that you've explained it to me, it's clear to me that this text -
>
> 	[More delays because of HTML & my schedule.]
>
> ... is probably from someone, explaining to you - or perhaps from you,
> explaining to someone else - why the message's propagation was delayed -
> it was delayed because of the inline HTML, and their schedule (whatever
> that means).

Thank you for belatedly joining us on the same cognitive page.  The note
was from the listadmin.  As already detailed multiple times.

> If you folks were half as organized as you'd like to appear, you'd have
> written a filter that detected inline HTML, rejected the posting, and
> attached a friendly note explaining why, instead of handling exceptions
> manually and justifying them with allegory, metaphor, and rhetoric.

The mail was held for listadmin attention.  Then it was posted.  Don't
like that?  Feel free to operate your own mailing list -- or just don't
freakin' well post HTML.  Entirely up to you.

> Anyhow, it seems to me that insofar as you have not allowed my protest
> regarding being misquoted to propagate, you are allowing a false state
> of affairs to persist, presumably to maintain the impression that you
> are above making mistakes; at my expense, incidentally.

I am unaware of anything of yours that I have "not allowed to
propagate" (nor any means by which I could do so).  If you have a
grievance about something, I'd suggest you experess it to
blw at baylisa.org, and please be a great deal more specific.

> Don't expect me to regard this as acceptable behavior. It's shoddy
> leadership, at best.

Let me be quite clear about this, Richard:  I stepped rather far out of
my way to attempt to help you by giving further explanation to you about
a situation that appeared to puzzle you, although it seemed abundantly
clear to me.  I will not make the same mistake twice.

rick at linuxmafia.com