Free Course: Implementing Effective Business Contracts (resend)

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Sun Oct 19 17:18:28 PDT 2003

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 10:39:24 -0700
richard childers </ kg6hac <fscked at pacbell.net>> wrote:

> The fact is that BayLISA exists for the entire population of Bay Area
> systems administrators.

That's a rather slipshod definition that implies a direct definitional
equivalence between BayLISA's charter and this list's charter.
Certainly they are related, but they are not necessarily identical.

> That is its mandate. Your comments do not challenge my statement that
> this sort of leadership is unsatisfactory ... and that is because I am
> right. It -is- shoddy leadership.

> However, because it is a public, non-profit corporation, and I have a
> website of my own, my alternatives are quite broad.

You are making poor and illogical arguments.  I strongly suggest you
read and understand the pages at the following URL before continuing
this thread.  You'll save us all considerable time by doing so.

  http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

> For instance, I could subscribe to the lists from another address, and
> use this to demonstrate how messages are selectively propagated, and
> submit the contents of the messages to statistical analysis by
> interested third parties, so that they could determine, for
> themselves, if a small party of, say, sycophants, might have seized
> control of the organization and are using it for their own
> benefit. ... This may have already happened, by the way.

Oy vey.

You really do need to read those pages and study them well.  Don't worry
if it takes a while; we'll understand.

> Another is to collect this information for a few years until I have
> such a vast accumulation of contradictory behavior from the group, as
> a whole, that it's just plain embarrassing.

Yup, you could do that.  Hey, I tell you what, that would be a grand
idea, a wonderful idea!  Brilliant!  Sheer genius!  Please do!

> Say, refusing postings that have HTML, but including postings that
> have, well, HTML.

Have any of your HTML-bearing posts been refused, or have they merely
been held for manual approval by the moderator?  Can you conclusively
demonstrate that the only possible explanation for such a refusal was
that the message contained HTML rather than some other reason?

I look forward to your well constructed and carefully argued thesis.

> Maybe you should stick to raising cats.

I like herding cats.  I also like training cats.  Its fun and not quite
as difficult as it is cracked up to be.  However, you are not a cat.

EOT.

--
J C Lawrence