misquotes & sidesteps (and hiding behind podiums)

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 15 09:09:00 PDT 2003

Quoting richard childers / kg6hac (fscked at pacbell.net):

> [More delays because poster insists on posting HTML and the list owner
> has a restricted availability for dealing with this.  Is it clearer now
> that no one is claiming that Richard wrote this bracketed comment?
> -- postmaster@]
>
> "[More delays because of HTML & my schedule.]"
>
> It appears that you are misquoting me; I did not say this.

OK, one last time, then.  Picture me saying these words very, very
slowly and with exaggerated patience:

The bracketed words were inserted by the listadmin when he manually
approved your post, to explain the delay (on account of HTML contents).
You appear not to have noticed or understood his explanation.  I was
attempting to call your attention to that explanation.

If you don't want your posts automatically intercepted and held for
listadmin attention, don't post HTML.

Got that, now?  _Yet_?