misquotes & sidesteps (and hiding behind podiums)

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Wed Oct 15 08:59:36 PDT 2003

If I may misquote here:

        Friends, colleagues, SysAdmins, lend me your eyes;
        I come to bury this thread, not to praise it.
        The sniping that we post gets archived;
        The good oft trimmed from attribution;
        So let it be with LISA.  Danny, unemployed;
        Tells you that LISA hath noble purpose;
        'Tis so, we should be nice to each other;
        With fortune shall LISA answer for it
        Here, by your involvement and the rest --
        For the poster is an honourable man;
        So are we all, honorable men --
        And women -- here, to help each other;
        In our professional capacities.
        We ought to say of one another, that;
        "You are my friend, faithful and just to me,"
        And I say each of us is ambituous;
        And each member an honorable man --
        Or woman -- who hath paid their annual
        Dues, and thus does LISA's coffer fill:
        Does this LISA seem professional?
        When the poor have cried for advice, some
        hath flamed: Our trade should be made of
        Sterner stuff.  Yet we are professionals;
        Each of us honorable men -- and women.
        I write not to insult the poster's skill,
        But here I am to post what I do know.
        You all do love your trade: not without cause:
        What cause withholds you then, to reply again;
        Without flames -- reserved for brutish beasts;
        That we have not lost our reason.  Bear with me;
        My heart is in our shared careers, with LISA;
        And I must pause 'til it come back to me.

My apologies to Mr. Shakespeare.

-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/