Request for case study assistance

Cheryl Morris camorris at mars.ark.com
Fri Oct 10 15:40:58 PDT 2003

I am a doctoral student with a project on the topic of Intrusion Response
for an Information Security course this semester. Part of the project is to
report on a case study of intrusion response and how it was handled by a
real company, non-profit or educational organization. The professor has
made it very clear that NO specific identifying information is to be given
in the report (which only he will read) and that the organization involved
is to be identified as Company X, etc. My dilemma is that I need a case
study! And, I will need it soon.

During this project, I am working on Intrusion Response from the Legal,
Ethical and Reporting considerations and would very much like to have a
case study where there was a report made to law enforcement. If not, a case
delineating the problems of reporting when there has been an intrusion
would be helpful (was there a security plan, a person designated to report
to law enforcement, did the intrusion involve a honeypot, was there
indication from logs that scouting was underway, etc).

The best way to contact me is via e-mail but messages can also be left at
my home (650) 561-9820.

Thank you for your help!

Cheryl Morris
Doctoral Student, Nova Southeastern University