Old PC Hardware, for free!

Rob Cambra robc at solarflares.net
Thu Mar 6 17:09:56 PST 2003

Unless of course you see real value in this stuff, and want to give me
something for storing and moving it all these years for you...

Would prefer that one person take it all, we are moving sometime next
week, so I need to deal with this stuff immediately.

The catch is:  you have to pick it up in SF, Upper Market/Twin Peaks.

I think it all works, but I am not sure about that.

(1) Arcnet Hub, CNet Technology, Model:  CN008AH, 8 BNC connectors, two
6-conductor RJ jacks labelled "Stack Port"

(1) "Print server", Castelle LANpress, Model No. field is blank.  This
thing has 2 Parallel ports, 2 Serial ports, and one BNC (assuming ether
and not arcnet) port, yes, there is an AUI port as well.  Castelle was
apparently based in Santa Clara, so maybe someone on the list knows how
to make this thing work.  I never tried, I just tore it out in doing a
small office network upgrade for a client about 5 years and moved it
around with me since.

(1)  HP DeskJet 500, rarely used, worked fine last time we tried, needs
new cartridge.

(3) 5.25" floppy drives, 2 are original PC AT (1/2 height) drives, the
other is TEAC branded (related link:
http://www.cloud9tech.com/Hardware/Teac55B.html --people are still
selling these drives??)

(4) 3.5" external SCSI cases with power supply, 2 have 50-pin D-sub
connectors with internal ribbon cable, 2 do not.  All power up, no idea
how good the power is.

(1)  PC XT/AT Power supply, don't recall whether it came out of an XT or
AT, but is a standard AT desktop style power supply 5/12v, two mainboard
connectors, and two accessory connectors.  Works great as a reliable
source of up 4amp's of 5v or 2amps of 12v, which is what I have used it
for, never actually had it in a computer since I have had it.  Model
no.:  AA12156 IBM p/n:  6323357.

(2) 32mb 72-oin EDO SIMMS (have compaq stickers on them)

(4) 30-pin SIMMS, no idea what capacity

(2) 72-pin SIMMS, no idea what type/capacity, sticker on each says:
Samsung KMM5322004CV-6 and KOREA 9629H, the chips (16 on each SIMM) are
SEC  625Y  KM44C1004CJ-6

(1) 14.4 internal ISA modem, generic

(1) Diamond Speedstar 24X video card.

(1) very heavy full size tower case, 300w AT power supply, with a few
540-1gb SCSI drives installed, AMD 5x86 and PCI MB, 20mb RAM installed.
No SCSI controller.  Second fan installed.  24"x7"x17", (4) 5.25" bays,
(2) 3.5" bays.

Also have various ISA multi-io cards, IDE, serial, parallel, game.

Approximatley 150 ft. of RG-58 bulk cable.

-rob