Shiny new drive

alvin at maggie.linux-consulting.com alvin at maggie.linux-consulting.com
Tue Mar 4 20:21:11 PST 2003

hi ya david

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, David Alban wrote:

> Re: my thread asking about places with good laptop drive selection.
>
> FYI.
>
> I ended up getting a shiny new IBM^wHitachi Travelstar 40 GB 5400 rpm
> drive from thenerds.net for $ 141.00 plus shipping.

not too shabby....  centralcomputer has it listed at $139
( plus tax... ouch ... but it'd be same day or next for delivery )

and if you need parts in 2-3hrs... get a reseller permit
and no prob getting parts in 2 hrs if the distributors have it in stock
( distributor --> requires reseller permit

more online webstores
	http://www.Linux-1U.net/Disks/Laptop/  specifically laptop drives

webstores... bet ya diddnt know so many pc stores in silicon valley
existed on the web ??
	http://www.Linux-1U.net/WebStores/

and if you need 44pin to 40pin ide adaptors... thats harder to find
( but central has um ... and actioncomputer too )

c ya
alvin

if they put you on hold for 45min ... they lost $$$
	- i would have hung up and cancelled the order :-)

	but than again i go chasing the ups/fedex trucks when
	they dont deliver the packages on time .. :-)