DSL provider recommendation

Neil Katin neil at askneil.com
Wed Jul 23 22:08:33 PDT 2003

Alberto Begliomini wrote:
> It seems most of the people are in favor of speakeasy.com,
> rawbandwith.com and meer.net, pretty much in this order.

I can speak well of speakeasy, but let me also give a plug
for two others:

I recommend megapath highly if you're going under a business
tariff (but they don't treat residential very well).

And I'm very happy with my current provider: Sonic.net.
They're particularly good about informing customers both
before and after an event.  Maybe it doesn't make an actual
difference to uptime, but I feel better when informed about
the reason for an outage; it lets me know they're on top
of things.

Needless to say, I never got that "on top of things" feeling
from SBC...

	Neil