DSL provider recommendation

Brent Chapman Brent at greatcircle.com
Wed Jul 23 23:41:19 PDT 2003

At 9:09 PM -0700 7/23/03, Alberto Begliomini wrote:
>It seems most of the people are in favor of speakeasy.com,
>rawbandwith.com and meer.net, pretty much in this order.
>
>It's interesting that nobody has mentioned Covad. Anyone have
>experience with Covad? meer.net seems to use Covad.

Are you talking about Covad as a DSL carrier, or Covad as an ISP
(Covad.NET)?  As you said, Meer.net uses Covad as its DSL carrier, as
does SpeakEasy (I'm not sure about Rawbandwidth).  I don't have any
experience with Covad as an ISP (Covad.NET); we were in the early
stages of implementing that just as I left the company (early 2000),
and I haven't had occasion to look at it since then.

I've used SpeakEasy (who in turn gets their DSL lines from Covad) for
my own house and business, as well as a number of clients, and been
quite happy with them.

-Brent
--
Brent Chapman <Brent at GreatCircle.COM>
Great Circle Associates, Inc. -- Silicon Valley's IT Infrastructure Experts