[OT] Guinness on Tap.

Michael T. Halligan michael at halligan.org
Fri Dec 19 00:45:49 PST 2003

I know this is very off-topic, but it seems a reasonable place to
post.  I know many fellow linux afficinados who are avid guinness
drinkers.

My wonderful kegerator of guinness, with it's guinness mix of 70/30
nitrogen/c02, is very foamy. My guestimate is the keg is now a bit more
than half empty, having made it through two 4 person dinner parties,
and 3 house-dwellers doing irish carbombs while coding over the
past 2 weeks.

The only way I can seem to prevent the foam is turning the gas pressure
off, releasing the built up pressure, turning it back up to about 7psi,
then pouring while periodically pulling the release-pressure valve to
prevent foamage.

Any thoughts on this? Perhaps after 3/4 of a keg, this is inevitable?

Michael T. Halligan
Chief Geek
Halligan Infrastructure Designs.
http://www.halligan.org/