1U Server Combo

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at Alameda.net
Mon Apr 21 09:51:59 PDT 2003

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 10:14:15PM -0700, Dean Kao wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> 	I'm looking to setup a personal 1U server and I'm not too
> interested/cant afford the mainstream commercial setups (Compaq,
> Dell).  Anyone have any experience and know of any setups that
> works out pretty good (motherboard/chassis).
>
> I'd like dual power supply setup and a minimal requirement.
> No preference on Intel/AMD.
>
> All tips and suggestions welcome =).
>
> TIA
> Dean

As others already pointed out, 1U and dual PS is almost impossible.
For good quality with no hassles I use SuperMicro. The last bunch
I put together was about $1700 plus tax for Dual P4-2.66ghz, 1gb
memory, 40gb 8mb cache disk and remote management card. These
Supermicro start around $500 for case and motherboard, some
include the cdrom and floppy.

--
Regards, Ulf.