Maybe BayLISA needs a new mailing list

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Sun Apr 13 05:53:22 PDT 2003

After the recent flurry on baylisa-jobs and seeing various folks'
reactions to same, it seems to me that something that might be
helpful is a list to allow folks to "blow off steam" from time to
time.

I suggest a name such as baylisa-chat (or just "chat at baylisa.org").

Thus, the main BayLISA lists would be:

* baylisa@	intended for BayLISA members; intended to be oriented
		toward technical matters.

* baylisa-jobs@	intended for BayLISA members and those who might be
		in a position to hire folks who are likely to be
		BayLISA members (whether on contract or as employees).

* blw@		intended for BayLISA members (and certain others) who
		are interested in the matters discussed by the BayLISA
		Board of Directors.

* chat@		intended for BayLISA members; a catch-all for anything
		not listed above.  Tangential discussions from the
		other lists would be appropriate to divert to this list.

I would, of course, prefer that if the list is created, that someone
else (other than postmaster@) would be the "list owner" (and thus
deal with attempts at spamming and the like).

Thoughts?

Peace,
david             (postmaster at baylisa.org)
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
Based on what I have seen to date, the use of Microsoft products is not
consistent with reliability.  I recommend FreeBSD for reliable systems.