BayLISA next Thursday! 7:30 pm

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Fri Nov 15 09:59:31 PST 2002

 Hello folks.  Just a little note to remind everyone that the BayLISA
 meeting is next week... get it into your Day Planners, PDAs with alarm
 settings, etc. now.

 For that matter, it's a good time to pass the news around the office
 and see if anyone else would like to come hear Dan Farmer.

 The topic is how Time, Memory and Persistence are important when checking
 the health of your systems.

 We expect a lot of people, so you want to arrive a little earlier than
 7:30 pm (when everything starts) if you'd like a good seat.

 MEMBERSHIPS
   Don't forget your checkbook if your BayLISA membership has expired
   and you want to vote :) We are offering a $20 discount for any
   renewing or joining member who brings an extra member to join
   BayLISA.

   This is an FAQ every year, so I'll catch it now --
	Students: yes, we DO have a discount rate.

 To repeat the details in handy dandy notecard form:
	SPEAKER:  Dan Farmer
	TOPIC:  Time, Memory, Persistence
	TIME:  7:30 pm to 9:30... well, better make that 10 pm.
	WHERE: Incyte Genomics HQ, 3160 Porter Dr, Palo Alto.
		nearest x: Page Mill Rd
		This will be the *LAST* meeting at this location.
		See http://www.baylisa.org/locations/current.html for dir.
	ALSO GOING ON: Board Elections.  Update your membership and vote!
	There will be snacks and lots of fellow sysadmins.

 I'll see you there!

-* Heather Stern * Arch (secretary) BayLISA Board * http://www.baylisa.org/ *-