[baylisa] SIG-BEER-WEST this Saturday 11/16 at 6:00pm in San Francisco

David Alban extasia at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 12 02:28:31 PST 2002

Everyone needs a little exercise!  Join us as we arm curl full pint
glasses at:

sig-beer-west
Saturday, November 16, 2002 at 6:00pm
San Francisco, CA

Beer.   Mental stimulation.

This event:

  Saturday, 11/16/2002, 6:00pm, at the Toronado, San Francisco

Coming events (third Saturdays):

  Saturday, 12/21/2002, 6:00pm
  Saturday, 01/18/2003, 6:00pm
  Saturday, 02/15/2003, 6:00pm

San Francisco's next social event for computer sysadmins and their
friends, sig-beer-west, will take place on Saturday, November 16,
2002 at the Toronado <http://www.toronado.com> in San Francisco, CA.
The Toronado has an impressive selection of draught
<http://www.toronado.com/draft.htm> and bottled
<http://www.toronado.com/bottles.htm> beer.  Festivities will start at
6:00pm and continue until we've all left.  The Toronado has an
excellent selection of beer, but no food.  It is perfectly okay to
score food from neighboring establishments and bring it back to the
Toronado to eat.  Also, after we are all full with beer we may roam
off to a nearby restaurant.

*Everyone* is welcome at this event.  *We mean it!*  Please feel free
to forward this link <http://www.gerasimov.net/~alban/sig.beer.west.html>
and to invite friends, co-workers, and others who might enjoy lifting
a glass with interesting folks from all over the place.  (Well, O.K.,
you do have to be of legal drinking age to attend.)

For directions to the Toronado, please use the excellent directions
at their website <http://www.toronado.com/map.htm>.  When you show up
at the Toronado, you should look for some kind of botched
sig-beer-west sign.  We will try to make it obvious who we are. :-)

Note:  Check the tables in the back room for us if you don't see us
       at the tables by the bar.  The back room is back and to the left.

Any Comments, Questions, or Suggestions of Things to Do Later on That
Evening ... email Fiid <fiid AT fiid DOT net> or David
<extasia AT mindspring DOT com>.

sig-beer-west FAQ

  1.  Q: Your announcement says "computer sysadmins and their
         friends".  How do I know if I'm a friend of a computer
         sysadmin?  I don't even know what one is!

      A: You're a friend of a computer sysadmin if you can find the
         *sig-beer-west* sign at this month's *sig-beer-west*. :-)

  2.  Q: I'm not really a beer person.  In fact I'm interested in
         hanging out, but not in drinking.  Would I be welcome?

      A: Absolutely!  The point is to enjoy each others' company.
         Please do join us.

*sig-beer-west* was started when a couple Washington, D.C. based systems
administrators who moved to the San Francisco Bay area wanted to
continue a dc-sage <http://www.dc-sage.org/> tradition, "sig-beer",
which is described in dc-sage web space as:

  SIG-beer, as in "Special Interest Group - Beer" ala ACM, or as in
  "send the BEER signal to that process".

  The original SIG-beer gathering takes place in Washington DC,
  usually on the first Saturday night of the month.

- --
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.
                                 ***
Join us at sig-beer-west!  http://www.gerasimov.net/~alban/sig.beer.west.html
Unix sysadmin available:   http://www.gerasimov.net/~alban/jac/resume.html