domain-name registrar slamming is on the rise...

Daniel Curry dcurry at cariocas.com
Sun Mar 24 10:08:09 PST 2002

I got the same offers on 5 domains registered thru register.com.  I
called Verisign support (number is on the form), and asked why they were
trying to slam domains, like long distance carriers do.   I got dead
silence on the phone.  I had been disconnected.  I then registereed a
complaint against Verisign with the Better Business Bureau of SF and
also sent an e-mail with a scanned copy of the letter/renewal froms
(fornt and back) to the California State Corporation Commision.  I
expect to hear from someone near the end of next week.

Multiple fronts of attack by consumers is the best way to put an end to
this quickly.  Involving government agencies that already have a history
of siding with the consumer on this type of fraudulent transfer (see
long distance slamming) will help greatly.