Neeting tonight! 7:30 pm

Heather Stern star at starshine.org
Thu Jul 18 17:34:01 PDT 2002

My goodness, folks, I'm sorry.  This is much later than I usually send
out the reminder that the BayLISA ... SF Bay Area Large Installation
Sysadmins ... meets tonight.

When:
	7:30 pm until 9:30, err, maybe 10 pm.

Where:

	Incyte Genomics Headquarters, same as every month.
	Details at http://www.baylisa.org/locations/current.html

The topic of the night is:

	AUTOMATED SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION

Steve Traugott, respected member of the Usenix community and just
possibly the orignator of the phrase "Infrastructure Architect"  -
will go into detail about the kinds of decisions that go into planning
an infrastructure so it -can- be automated... and then some actual
details of configuration for automated rollouts.

By the time any of us are dealing with 40 machines, we're probably
already wishing for this kind of setup.  Steve always has some new
useful bits to add, so even if you have seen his presentation at past
conferences, it's worth seeing again.

... There will be the usual sodas, snacks, job seeking announcements and
openings mentioned, and t-shirts and pint-glasses for sale.

New members are of course, always welcome, and I remind you that BayLISA
meetings are free to the public.

See you all there!

-* Heather Stern * Arch (secretary) BayLISA Board * http://www.baylisa.org/ *-