a bit of lovely news about spam in California

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Mon Jan 7 15:16:57 PST 2002

At 2:20 PM -0800 1/7/02, Strata Rose Chalup wrote:
>If your stated goal is gumming up the works at USPS by returning
>this mail and getting everyone else to return it also, how is this
>*not* a coordinated multi-source DoS attempt against a service
>provider with multiple points of presence?  Packets or physical
>letters, the concept is the same.

It's called an "autoLART". They LART themselves. The more junk they
insist on sending me, the more they get back.

| dredd at megacity.org  | "Thou art the ruins of the noblest man  |
|  Derek J. Balling   |  That ever lived in the tide of times.  |
|                     |  Woe to the hand that shed this costly  |
|                     |  blood" - Julius Caesar Act 3, Scene 1  |