Save our jobs.

Stewart M. Hersey Stewart.Hersey at leland.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 27 15:52:28 PST 2002

That sounds like a great idea, tho...and right afterwards...

...it would be kewl if we could all toss our corporate/academic/govt. connections
into a virtual hat, crunch them up into a BayLISA-only database, and configure some cron-job
to spew-out focused and concise application letters to their HR Hiring Managers or "jobs@" email addies.

Not at all like spamming, but more like an organized effort to promote BayLISA members
experience, professionalism and availability via our own technical expertise in these things.

Well, maybe we ought not to, but it was inspiring concept, anyway...in my own mind.

[Sorry]  ;-)

SMH

At 06:22 PM 2/27/2002 -0500, Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr wrote:
>On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Daniel Curry wrote:
>> There are some jobs out there, not many, but a few.
>
>This particular economic downturn isn't nearly as bad as what was going
>on in the early '90s though. It's certainly taking more effort to get
>a job, but there do seem to be jobs out there.
>
>There's definately a lot more competition - and it's certainly harder
>to stand out, if you don't have something that already stands out about
>your skillset.
>
>I've tossed around the thought of putting together a "resume writing
>and interview skills for geeks" talk, but have yet to get past the
>"is this a good idea" stage.
>
>Thoughts and comments on that would be welcome ;>
>
>cheers!
>"A cat spends her life conflicted between a deep, passionate and profound
>desire for fish and an equally deep, passionate and profound desire to
>avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."

Stewart Matthew Hersey
Technical Writer / Trainer
Leland Stanford Junior University
R&DE Information Systems
http://houdini.stanford.edu/~hersey/

Director, Stanford/Palo Alto Macintosh Users Group (SMUG)
P.O. Box 20132 Stanford, CA 94309 Club Phone: 650-286-7539
On the web: http://www.pa-smug.org

Stanford University Expert Partner
http://www.stanford.edu/group/partners/

"What do we have to look forward to today?
There are a lot of things we have to look forward to today."

- <http://sepwww.stanford.edu/sep/jon/family/jos/>Johannes "Jos" Dianovich Claerbout
         06/14/1974 - 08/20/1999