Save our jobs.

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Wed Feb 27 17:53:30 PST 2002

>Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:52:28 -0800
>From: "Stewart M. Hersey" <Stewart.Hersey at leland.stanford.edu>

[Note Reply-to: -- dhw]

>...it would be kewl if we could all toss our corporate/academic/govt.
>connections into a virtual hat, crunch them up into a BayLISA-only
>database, and configure some cron-job to spew-out focused and concise
>application letters to their HR Hiring Managers or "jobs@" email
>addies.

>Not at all like spamming, but more like an organized effort to
>promote BayLISA members experience, professionalism and availability
>via our own technical expertise in these things.

>Well, maybe we ought not to, but it was inspiring concept, anyway...in
>my own mind.

I note that SAGE has a "Sysadmins for hire" section of the "Job
Center" (a Web site that lists sysadmins who are looking for work).
[See http://www.usenix.org/cgi-bin/sage/display-jw.cgi.]

Would it be worthwhile to set up something of this nature for BayLISA?
If so, would it be maintained?

Cheers,
david       (links to my resume at http://www.catwhisker.org/~david)
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
I believe it would be irresponsible (and thus, unethical) for me to advise,
recommend, or support the use of any product that is or depends on any
Microsoft product for any purpose other than personal amusement.