Save our jobs.

Brian Keves keves at bluefeet.com
Tue Feb 26 11:12:09 PST 2002

This is a totally inappropriate posting for this mail list and the person
who posted this and didn't have the courage of his convictions to even
properly identify himself should know better.

I am offended by this typical prejudice reaction to a program which has
been essential to the growth of the American high tech economy and which
probably helped provide the anonymous Joe BSD with his job in the first
place.

Brian Keves
(American Worker who can stand on his own feet.)
keves at bluefeet.com
--
joe bsd wrote:

> Save our high tech jobs
>
> I’m writing this letter to the American engineers and IT workers who
> might be adversely affected by the H1-B visa laws.  If you don’t know
> what I’m talking about, look here:
>
> http://www.zazona.com/ShameH1B/FAQs.htm#WhatisH-1B?
>
> Our jobs have been put on the world auction block.  The H1-B visa has
> facilitated this.  If you read the H1-B visa laws, you will see that
> these were written with absolutely no regard for the American IT
> worker or engineer.  It’s as if they were written by corporate
> lawyers for corporations –not “by the people for the people”.
>
> http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/Title_20/Part_655/Subpart_H.htm
>
> If I were an employer whose only interest was to maximize my profit,
> I would love to have an endless supply of skilled foreign workers.
> This way, if my current employees were costing me too much, I could
> just get some new ones.  Then I’ll lay off my costly employees.  It
> doesn’t matter that they are American Citizens.  It’s not my concern
> if they can’t feed their families.  I don’t care if they paid taxes
> to the US Government all their lives.  I don’t care if they put they
> put their lives on the line to defend our nation.  All I know, is I
> got this new guy from some far away nation who will work for $10,000
> less.  That’s the bottom line.
>
> So to my American worker I say: “Your job has been eliminated”.  You
> can collect $230 a week in unemployment.  It’s really not my concern
> if your rent is $1300.  Maybe you can live in South Dakota with $230
> a week.  And one more thing
  I’ll give you some money if you sign