Cable Tags/Cable labels

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Thu Dec 13 07:18:15 PST 2001

>From: "Rich Holland" <holland at guidancetech.com>
>Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 08:18:21 -0500

>IIRC those cables were also jacketed, so you could pull them backwards
>through a bunch of other cables without worrying about snagging the clip
>and ripping it off.

Way off topic by now, but in case it helps someone:  I had occasion
recently to pull a bunch of cables that did not have the "boots" to thus
protect the ends.  A hack that can serve in a pinch is a handy roll of
adhesive tape:  just wrap once around the end to protect the tab.
Before sealing the end of the tape, fold it over a few mm. to make a
"tab" for the adhesive tape (so you can pull it off again).

Cheers,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
I believe it would be irresponsible (and thus, unethical) for me to advise,
recommend, or support the use of any product that is or depends on any
Microsoft product for any purpose other than personal amusement.