[Baylisa] BayLISA this week - Mostafa Khalil and Board Elections

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Nov 12 13:35:08 PST 2012

Hi all,

NOVEMBER MEETING - MOSTAFA KHALIL OF VMWARE

BayLISA meets this Thursday, November 17, at 7:30pm at LinkedIn in
Mountain View. We're meeting in Culture Club this month, the smaller
room adjacent to the cube farm in 2051 Stierlin.

Our guest this month is Mostafa Khalil of VMware Global Support
Services, who will be speaking on vSphere 5.1 storage features and
enhancements. Mostafa has been supporting VMware since "VMware for
Linux 1.0", and is the author of Storage Implementation in vSphere 5.

BAYLISA BOARD OF DIRECTORS ELECTION

We will also be holding elections for the BayLISA board of directors
for the 2012-2014 term. You may have grown tired of elections already,
but this one is less onerous than the ones you may have been subjected
to on television and billboards and Facebook.

Anyone can run for the board if they are willing to meet the
expectations of a board member. These expectations are pretty mild,
and come down to 1-2 hours a week invested in your sysadmin
organization. You're expected to attend and participate in a monthly
board meeting and a monthly general meeting, help find and coordinate
speakers and sponsors for our meetings, and generally participate in
outreach and group activities to further the goals of BayLISA and meet
the needs of our community. Board members serve two year terms, as
elected by members in good standing at the November general meeting,
and officer slates are voted upon at the December meeting each year.

If you're interested in being on the ballot this year, or have any
questions about the board, contact me directly.

All BayLISA members in good standing at the time of the election are
eligible to vote for the board. Members in good standing include all
currently-paid members at the Student or Regular level, the designated
representative for a Corporate member, as well as all current board
members. All ballots must be filed in person at the meeting--we do not
offer absentee balloting or early voting.

BECOMING A MEMBER OF BAYLISA

If you'd like to join BayLISA as a full member, please print out and
fill in the form at:

http://www.baylisa.org/members/BayLISA-membership-form-2011.pdf

and bring it with a $45 payment (check or money order payable to
BayLISA, cash, or arrangements can be made to receive credit card
payments in person) to the board meeting. Forms will also be available
at the meeting in case you forget to bring a form.

Members get a voice in the selection of the board of directors,
discounts and special offers from time to time, and the knowledge that
they are supporting the oldest system administration organization in
the country. (You can consult your tax advisor regarding eligibility
of your dues for tax deduction.)

Note that being a member of the BayLISA mailing lists and/or BayLISA
groups on Meetup, LinkedIn, Facebook, do not constitute BayLISA
membership or eligibility to vote. If you have any questions about
your membership status, feel free to contact secretary at baylisa.org
with the email address you joined with, and we'll get back to you.

AS ALWAYS...

If you have any comments, questions, suggestions,
speaker/sponsor/topic/venue recommendations, or swag you'd like to
give away at an upcoming meeting, feel free to get in touch with me
directly, or with directors at baylisa.org in general.

Thanks,
Robert Novak
BayLISA President