Coming in June -- Short Topics at BayLISA -- and you're invited!

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Tue Mar 22 16:08:00 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

We're working on the set list for the June 16 BayLISA meeting, which
will be another "short topics" session like December, but potentially
with shorter topics.

So far there are three or four semi-committed speakers talking on a
couple of interesting topics, about 10 minutes each plus a brief
question-and-answer period after each. But we have room for many more,
and even a longer presentation (half hour or so) if one were
suggested.

Would you be interested in presenting something short but cool at the
June meeting? It's just a ten minute slot, you can do slides or demos
or interpretive dance, and get some feedback from your peers. Great
for honing brown bag skills for work, or assessing the technical crowd
reaction for a future conference presentation.

We are also looking for suggestions for future "regular" meeting
speakers, and have openings for either half-meeting topics (where two
presenters split the evening, as we did for March's meeting) or
full-meeting topics over the next few months. Feel free to contact me
directly or point prospective speakers toward blw at baylisa.org for