How can we make BayLISA better for YOU?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Jan 3 22:49:18 PST 2011

Hey everyone,

How can we make BayLISA better for YOU in 2011?

There's some great stuff in the pipeline, including this month's
meeting about OpenStack Nova with some folks from Anso Labs
(http://www.meetup.com/BayLISA/calendar/15908241/). Check out the
Meetup page for details and to RSVP for the January 20th meeting.

But we need your help in making the meetings even better for all of
us. Here are some suggestions, try one, try them all:

+ Sign up on the BayLISA Meetup page. RSVP for meetings, review them
afterward, and help us understand what works and what doesn't.

+ Bring a friend or coworker to a BayLISA meeting. Bring your whole
department if you can. Get your boss to take you all to dinner
beforehand (and be sure to invite the BayLISA board along too :) )

+ Suggest a topic and/or speaker for a future meeting. Bonus points if
you confirm their interest in advance. We usually try to plan about 3
months out, but as technology changes quickly, we can adjust. Use the
"Ideas" page on Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/BayLISA/ideas/) or email
blw at baylisa.

+ *BE* a speaker for a future meeting. Are you doing something amazing
at your company that other large installations would be interested in
knowing about? Are you working on a presentation for USENIX ATC or
LISA this year and want to warm it up? Let us know about it and we may
be able to get you an audience. Feel free to use the contact us link
on Meetup, email blw, or contact any board member.

+ Become an official member, or if you're already a member, renew your
membership at the next meeting. You can join online on www.baylisa.org
or in person at any monthly General Meeting.

+ Is your company hiring sysadmins and the like? Bring a printed job
description and business cards to the next meeting and/or post to
baylisa-jobs. Great way to get those referral bonuses!

+ Does your company have a product or service that they would like to
offer to our members? We have very affordable meeting sponsorship
opportunities and are open to promoting discounts or specials for
BayLISA members.

And finally...

+ Raise some chatter here on the BayLISA mailing list. Feel free to
share your ideas, suggestions, contributions, etc.

What else would you like to see from BayLISA this year? Sorry, we
can't get you that pony you wanted. But other than that, let's see
what we can do.

Hope to see you at the next meeting...

Rob Novak
New BayLISA board member